Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in-www.freedomain.co.nr

Record Sales?

Go down 
+6
twistedtracers
Frostmoon
Chued
famousnorcal
Üncle Snake
patfromhell
10 posters
AuthorMessage
patfromhell
Admin
patfromhell

Male Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:07 pm

Does anyone know how well 'The way of the fist' has done so far? I cant seem to find anything about it online. I know Nielsen Soundscan is responsible for it though. Anyone got any numbers?
Back to top Go down
Üncle Snake
New Recruit

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-05

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:22 pm

This was on Blabbermouth today ...

KORN's new, untitled album sold 123,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 2 on The Billboard chart. This is slightly more than half of the 221,000 first-week tally achieved by its predecessor, "See You on the Other Side", which landed at No. 3 back in December 2005.

In other news, DEVILDRIVER's third album, "The Last Kind Words", shifted a little more than 14,000 copies during its first week of release to debut at No. 48 — around 40 percent more than the opening-week number of 2005's "The Fury of Our Maker's Hand", which premiered at No. 177 with sales of 10,400.

The following are notable heavy metal/hard rock U.S. sales debuts for the week ending August 5, 2007 as reported by Nielsen SoundScan (The Billboard 200 chart position included, where applicable):

KORN - Untitled: 123,000 (#2)
DEVILDRIVER - "The Last Kind Words": 14,000 (#48 )
FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH - "The Way of the Fist": 3,800 (#199)
ENTOMBED - "Serpent Saints": 400
SSS - "SSS": less than 60
RATT - "Ratt: Videos From The Cellar: The Atlantic Years" (DVD): 2,550 (#5 on Music DVD chart)
Back to top Go down
patfromhell
Admin
patfromhell

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:37 pm

so thats just 31st July - 5 August. Not even a week and already 4k. That aint too bad, is it? I m sure they will get a lot more while family tour is still on.

KoRn so don't deserve those kind of sales for their new album. I think it sucks. Will always love their older shit but this new record is wank!

thnx for the info!
Back to top Go down
famousnorcal
New Recruit
famousnorcal

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 2:17 am

I like korns new cd^^...but everyone has their view...ok back to ffdp...

man I really wanted it to sell more but we will get there, we will push them to the top ....all of us knuckleheads!!
Back to top Go down
Chued
New Recruit

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:12 am

Well new KoRn is slightly better than See you but it still suxx i think. 4k sells for not even a week is OK i think.
Back to top Go down
Frostmoon
Brawler
Frostmoon

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:23 am

well you have to take into consideration that most record places don't even promote FFDP or have the album in regular stocking rotation. As well as many corporate radios stations play the new KoRn song and not FFDP. So with that taken into consideration as KoRn is promoted and a bigger band than FFDP. Us Knuckleheads promote FFDP, but online only goes so far, standing outside record stores and concert venues with samplers of "the bleeding" could really boost sales so people who aren't myspace online groupies could go "DAMN!" would boost sales as well. It's all about mass promotion and hearing the band before a album will really sell... most people just don't buy a record because its on the new release rack and the cover art is wicked. Only I do that! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/frostmoon
patfromhell
Admin
patfromhell

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 8:48 am

haha yeah thats true. well i m tellin nearly every1 i meet over here bout 5fdp... whats the promo like on family values, are there people handin out CDs or flyers?

I cant understand why anyone would like the new korn CD...maybe if u r a die-hard fan and u just buy it for the sake of it....but if u listen to it...its so boring ...an embarrassment for their older stuff!
Back to top Go down
Chued
New Recruit

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:57 am

I think the performance at family values alone should promote ffdp enough... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twistedtracers
Admin
twistedtracers

Female Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:21 pm

Frostmoon wrote:
well you have to take into consideration that most record places don't even promote FFDP or have the album in regular stocking rotation. As well as many corporate radios stations play the new KoRn song and not FFDP. So with that taken into consideration as KoRn is promoted and a bigger band than FFDP. Us Knuckleheads promote FFDP, but online only goes so far, standing outside record stores and concert venues with samplers of "the bleeding" could really boost sales so people who aren't myspace online groupies could go "DAMN!" would boost sales as well. It's all about mass promotion and hearing the band before a album will really sell... most people just don't buy a record because its on the new release rack and the cover art is wicked. Only I do that! lol

I agree about the promotion! Once people hear FFDP live they will be at their record stores demanding them! cheers
lol! I love good art work too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tracy_37
FoxRacing1234
New Recruit
FoxRacing1234

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:31 pm

The thing that sucks is that The Firm is known for not promoting their artists. They're a label/management company that needs to work harder for their artists.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/backlashleadguitarist
GhostMachine
New Recruit
GhostMachine

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-31

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:27 pm

It takes time for a band to build up a fan base and hit the "big time". Most metal bands take 3 albums to break into the mainstream, so for 5FDP to actually break into the Billboard charts with their first release is an outstanding effort. The new DevilDriver release is an example of a breakthrough 3rd release.

The Firm has done a good job so far with the band...and if they can get The Bleeding video on MTV2/Headbanger's Ball, and continue to tour with established artists, the band will continue to get more popular.
Back to top Go down
Knucklehead
Admin
Knucklehead

Male Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-04-18

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 2:04 pm

When it comes to promoting, I feel like the best promoters are the people that truly believe in the music...Thats where the street team comes in Rocks . This street team is built with badasses and I am very proud to say I helped build it and that I am part of it.

Showin respect to the Special Forces
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/knuckleheadinvegas
patfromhell
Admin
patfromhell

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:47 am

well i think so far the firm did a pretty good job with beat down tv and all that. of course it could be even better but yea its not too bad. and i m very glad 5fdp managed to enter the billboard charts n that the street team is sooo bad ass =)
Back to top Go down
HellRazorNJ
New Recruit
HellRazorNJ

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 8:52 am

Knucklehead wrote:
When it comes to promoting, I feel like the best promoters are the people that truly believe in the music...Thats where the street team comes in

I bought the CD day of release and bought another at their signing booth...support all around!! As KH mentioned, it comes from word of mouth. It takes a bit longer for word of mouth when there's not a ton of exposure, but it's like that for many bands. Honestly, getting the Family Values tour and the fall tour w/Korn exposes them to a lot of people. With a song like "The Bleeding" (which our local radio station plays all the time), it's hard to believe people wouldn't like it. One of the best rock songs to come out in the last 5yrs (IMO).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nmhellrazor
Sponsored content

Record Sales? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Sales?   Record Sales? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Sales?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: • Five Finger Death Punch :: » 5FDP News-
Jump to: